13 февр. 2014 г.

Kate and invitation to a movie (Dialogue - Audio ЕГЭ 2014)

ФИПИ

KATY: Hello, Mike! How are you?

MIKE: Hi, Katy! I’m ok. Thanks. Hey, do you fancy going to a movie tonight?

KATY: Why not! It sounds great! I haven’t been to a movie for ages I guess. And what’s on?

MIKE: It’s Men in Black 3 in 3D. All my friends are absolutely crazy about it.

KATY: I know. Everybody seems to have watched it except me. I'd love to see it.

MIKE: Good. It’s a date then. I’ll pick you up around six thirty, if you don’t mind. The film starts at seven.

KATY: Fine, I’ll be ready. Wait! I completely forgot. I have a test tomorrow. I’m afraid I can’t go after all, Mike. I’m so sorry!

MIKE: But you’ve got plenty of time to revise.

KATY: Yes, I know. But math has never been my strongest point. Besides the test is rather difficult and I've missed a couple of lessons. So, it doesn’t seem very easy for me.

MIKE: Do you want me to help you with your math? I could come in an hour or so and try to explain to you what we’ve covered while you were ill. I’m not a math genius but it looks like I don’t have any problems with it.

KATY: That would be nice indeed but still I’m not sure I’ll be free by six thirty. Dad asked me to walk the dog and take my little brother from the kindergarten at five. Sorry, Mike. Maybe some other day.

MIKE: No problem. What about Tuesday?

KATY: On Tuesday I agreed to meet with Ann. Susan is having a birthday party on Wednesday and we decided to buy something nice for her.

MIKE: Oh, really? What do you want to get?

KATY: I was thinking about a book on yoga. She’s keen on sports and lately she’s been taking a yoga class. She may be interested to learn more about meditation stuff and different meditative states.

MIKE: Not bad! So, you’re going to the party on Wednesday, aren’t you?

KATY: Exactly! But we can watch the movie on Thursday. What do you think?

MIKE: I don’t have any plans for Thursday so far. The only thing I worry about is the movie will not be on then. I think today is our last chance.

KATY: Anyway, today won’t do.

MIKE: Look I've got an idea. I can buy a DVD with any other movie you like and we can watch it on Thursday.

KATY: Awesome! Let’s do it.
Share this post