15 февр. 2014 г.

Weather (Six texts - Audio ЕГЭ 2014)

ФИПИ

Speaker A

I like it when it rains. The heavier – the better. The British say, “It’s lovely weather for ducks”. People think me strange but that’s me. If it‘s warm it’s such a pleasure to walk in the rain completely wet and yet feeling like a child. If it’s cold outside, rain makes your home look a million times cozier. On such days I cancel all my meetings and appointments, wrap up in a blanket and watch some good old film or soap. There’s nothing like rainy weather.

Speaker B

I agree with the idea that climate can affect our moods and even national trades. In my country for example there’s a wide variety of weather conditions from extreme cold to extreme hot. In the place where I live the weather is cold, the sky is cloudy and people’s behavior takes on certain characteristics. In this case people tend to be irritable but there are warmer regions in our country where people are mostly really very friendly.

Speaker C

To my mind the deterioration of the weather conditions happens due to human activities. Bad weather is just the result of our thoughtless behavior such nuclear tests and wars. Even our individual negative thoughts can lead to bad weather. Our planet is a live organism so when it falls ill in one place its other parts can suffer too. All negative energy of mankind searches a way out and one of these through weather conditions.

Speaker D

I believe if you live in a place like Britain where the weather seems to change daily if not hourly sometimes you can be forgiven for thinking that the weather is random. In fact the weather is controlled by systems moving around areas of the globe. In the UK the weather depends on depressions often called “lows” and anticyclones also known as “highs”. As far as I know “highs” bring sunny weather while “lows” can bring unpleasant rain and wind.

Speaker E

I’ve read that the recent studies suggest that certain people may have a unique special gift for predicting the weather. But it’s quite possible that these people would use their talent in another way. Since the same group had a remarkably considerable success in forecasting changes in another chaotic system – the stock market. Wouldn’t that be wonderful make millions in Wall Street and know what to put on every single day. I’d really love it.

Speaker F

“I feel a bit under the weather” is common complaint in Britain especially on Mondays. And it seems to me that the weather is really responsible for a physical and emotional state. I think changeable weather makes it hard to concentrate and I must say that hot weather makes me snappy. Some suggest that the weather also leaves its mark on character but I reckon that economic, political and social factors have a stronger effect that the weather.
Share this post