11 февр. 2014 г.

Kate's present (Dialogue - Audio ЕГЭ 2014)

ФИПИ

TOM: Hi, Kate! Kate, Earth to Kate … You are obviously so deep in thoughts. Are you lost in your dreams? What are you thinking about?

KATE: Oh, Hi, Tom! Sorry, didn’t see you. Actually I was thinking about a present for my friend’s birthday.

TOM: This shouldn’t be much of a problem for you. You are always so creative with presents.

KATE: Thanks for the compliment. But the point is I don’t know this person very well. So choosing a present for her is tricky.

TOM: How come this is your friend and you don’t know this person very well? How can it be possible?

KATE: I know it sounds strange but this is my pen friend actually.

TOM: That explains it. How did you find her?

KATE: Well, she’s from Peru and we have just started communicating. I found her profile on Facebook. I got a message saying that she has her birthday in two weeks and I thought it would be nice to give her something special on such a special occasion.

TOM: Ok, I see. Why not give her a CD? This shouldn’t be too hard to ship to Peru and music is universal, you know.

KATE: A great idea! But I don’t know what she has or hasn’t in her music collection, do I?

TOM: Oh, that’s pretty easy. You can give her a disc of our local music. She can’t have that. That’s for sure.

KATE: Super! You are a star!

TOM: Just keep in mind what style she generally prefers. Do you have any information on that?

KATE: I saw it in her profile! If I remember correctly she likes calm, romantic music. Does that mean that she is a quiet person?

TOM: Not necessarily. She might be just the opposite: very talkative and easygoing.

KATE: You know I believe a person’s character is reflected in what music he or she likes.

TOM: I think so too. But the connections can be very unexpected and inexplicable to my mind.

KATE: All right. Now I need to go to a music shop and choose something.

TOM: Shall I help you? I am absolutely free and I know local music very well. I can help you choose.

KATE: Really? That would be great! You can also help me choose something for myself. I think my collection needs new items.

TOM: Good idea! Let’s go then.
Share this post